There are several benefits of copyright registration in India, including:
- Legal Protection: Copyright registration provides legal protection to the creator of the work against any infringement of their rights. This means that if someone else tries to use, copy, or distribute the creator’s work without their permission, they can take legal action against them.
- Exclusive Rights: Copyright registration provides the creator with exclusive rights to use and exploit their work for a certain period of time. This means that no one else can use the work without the creator’s permission, which gives them control over the use and distribution of their work.
- Evidence of Ownership: Copyright registration serves as evidence of ownership of the work. This means that if there is any dispute or litigation over the ownership of the work, the creator can use the copyright registration certificate as evidence of their ownership.
- Ability to License or Sell: Copyright registration allows the creator to license or sell their work to others for a fee or royalty. This provides them with an additional source of income and allows them to monetize their work.
- Protection against International Infringement: Copyright registration also provides protection against international infringement. This means that if someone tries to infringe on the creator’s copyright in another country, they can take legal action against them in that country.
Overall, copyright registration in India provides creators with a range of benefits that help them protect their rights, control the use and distribution of their work, and monetize their creations.